[TRNSYS-users] Problems with Cooling Type Manager/Maximum above temperature

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Jan 28 11:12:31 PST 2015

Ole,

You can set the setpoint as an INPUT and do whatever you'd like at that
point (forcing function, equation, etc.).  Or you can use the simpler
form of that equation:

Tset = -75*SCHED +99

So when SCHED = 1 it's equal to 24 and when SCHED=0 it's equal to 99.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 01/28/2015 10:37 am, Ole Nienaber wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> thank you very much for this quite simple and good idea.
> How can I modify my schedule in the Cooling Type Manager the way you
> showed me? Or can I edit the .inf-File?
>
> Greats,
> Ole Nienaber
> Am 28.01.2015 um 14:13 schrieb Jeff Thornton:
>> Ole,
>>
>> Use a slightly different equation;
>>
>> Tset = 24 * SCHED + 99 * (1 - SCHED)
>>
>> Jeff Thornton
>> TESS
>>
>>> On Jan 28, 2015, at 5:35 AM, Ole Nienaber <olenienaber at web.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I'm new here.
>>> I have a problem with the cooling demand of a building zone.
>>> I use the Cooling Type Manager to regulate my maximum temperature
>>> (24°c) in the zone. Also I use a schedule, because cooling isn't ON
>>> all the time.
>>> So my formula for the Cooling Type Manager is: 24*SCHED+0. And here
>>> is the problem. If my schedule is OFF (=0), than, of course, the
>>> cooling cools down my room temperature on 0°C. But I just want
>>> control, that the room temperature never increase over 24°C. Is there
>>> another way I could do it?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot and I hope you all understand the problem.
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Ole