[TRNSYS-users] Controller for PV panel

Anas Majdouli majdouli_anas at hotmail.fr
Thu Jul 2 19:25:21 PDT 2015

Hi TRNsys community,

I am working on a water heating simulation using a PV panel. I am using for this power from PV panel to supply an electric heating device within a hot water storage tank (type 534).
The tank also contains an auxiliary heater placed on top (node 2) in case the set point temperature (T° of Node 1) is not reached.
I would like to put a controller between the PV panel,the tank and its heating devices.
That's how I would like it to work :

First, I want the PV panel to supply power on daylight. Then during the night, the controller should activate the auxiliary heater.

Also, on daylight, if irradiance is not sufficient to reach the set point temperature in a tank (T° of Node 1 observed by an aquastat), the controller should activate the aux. heater.

Finally, when the irradiance is high or when the set point temperature is already reached on daylight, I want the controller to switch PV panel power supply from supplying the electric heating device to supplying a battery linked to the grid (Type 188a).
In that case, the aux. heater should obviously be switched off.

What Type(s) should I use for the controller ?
What do you think of this 'scenario' ?

Thanks in advance for your reply. I extremely need your help.

p.s : please find a draft of the worksheet of my simulation attached to this email

Best Regards,
Anas MAJDOULI