[TRNSYS-users] PID control parameters

Ben Heymer bheymer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:12:14 PDT 2015

A typical HVAC energy model runs with time steps of a few minutes, whereas
real PID controllers usually operate on a timescale of seconds. So you may
get better performance out of the iterative controller to emulate the
behavior of a real PID controller. Or better yet, use a cooling tower type
that is able to solve for fan speed as a function of desired outlet
temperature instead of one that strictly takes fan speed as an input.

-Ben Heymer