[TRNSYS-users] Creating a redistributable file with TESS library components

Suhrid A Deshmukh suhrid at mit.edu
Sun Jul 19 12:10:20 PDT 2015

Hello,

I get the following error when I run the redistributable file that I created using TRNEdit.

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     :   682
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  :  Type682 could not be located in either the trndll.dll or in an external dll. Please relink theTRNDll.dll including this Type or make sure that an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and \UserLib\ReleaseDLLs folders contain the Type.

Type682 is basically a TESS library component that is being used. When I create the redistributable .exe file without the Type682, it runs fine. Could you please suggest a way to include Type 682 and still be able to create a redistributable file?

Regards,
Suhrid Deshmukh