[TRNSYS-users] Running Mean outdoor temperature

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Jun 17 06:39:40 PDT 2015

Renee,

You'll have to use a combination of equations, the running average component and the delayed inputs component.  I prefer the ones in the TESS Libraries but you should be able to do the same with the versions in the standard library with a tweak or two.

Connect the outdoor temperature to the running average component and set the parameters so you get a 24 hour running average.  Then set up the delayed inputs model to hold your inputs for three separate delays, 24, 48, and 72 hours, and connect the running average output to the three inputs for that model.  Finally use an equation block to take the output from the running average model and the three outputs from the delayed inputs model and formulate the final equation.  Voila you've got your answer.

Jeff Thornton
TESS

Sent from my iPhone