[TRNSYS-users] [Request received] Type 107 creating data file

EnergyAE support at trnsys.guru
Thu Sep 10 15:53:08 PDT 2015

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (40) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Dear Trnsys-Experts,

Would anyone one happen to have an experience on calculating their own data file for a single effect water fired absorption chiller (Type 107)

I am wondering if anybody have done a scheme on Excel-Spreadsheet or something like that. I’m trying to make one and wondering if it is dependable or not.

I also got confused on the documents supplied and hoped that someone could help me clarify.

So first I calculated the “Cooling Power Required for the Rated Temperature” with “mDot_CHW*Cp_CHW*(T_CHW_In-T_CHW_Out)”

And then I read from the diagram supplied by the company (PDF-File Page 8, pardon the German language) the “Multipliers” on capacity rated and multiply it with the “Rated Capacity”, resulting the “Available Cooling Capacity” [Repeat for each Temperature].

Divide the resulting “Available Cooling Capacities” with the “Cooling Power Required for the Rated Temperature” give me the “Fraction of Capacity” i.e. the first required row for the data file.

(Is this correct?)

For the “Fraction of Design energy input” I first calculated the “Heating Power Resulted from the Rated Temperature” using “mDot_HW*Cp_HW*(T_HW_In-T_HW_Out)”.

And read the diagrams (page 7) for the “Heat Input” (cooling mode) on different Hot water temperature. I then divide the “Heat Input” by the “Heating Power Resulted from the Rated Temperature” resulting the “Fraction of Design Energy Input”

(Is this also correct?)

Lastly, I’m wondering on how to get the “Fraction of design Load”?

Or maybe my approach is completely wrong?

Any comments, algorithms or examples for any other chillers would be very helpful, I’m absolutely confused right now.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Yose Wandy B.Sc.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften

Hochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel

Fakultät Versorgungstechnik

Institut für energieoptimierte Systeme (EOS)

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Lars Kühl

Salzdahlumer Straße 46-48

D - 38302 Wolfenbüttel

www.ostfalia.de/v

Tel. 0049 - 5331 / 939 – 40 550

Fax 0049 - 5331 / 939 – 40 552

y.wandy at ostfalia.de

Attachment(s):
image001.jpg - http://help.trnsys.guru/attachments/token/xjfuk7bRadiFuafSvwfsNZbZc/?name=image001.jpg
Data File AKM.xlsx - http://help.trnsys.guru/attachments/token/CQCuwNobU1cGT4MAYFlYF6fRh/?name=Data+File+AKM.xlsx
Technische Beschreibung_Hummel.pdf - http://help.trnsys.guru/attachments/token/BSApQudP0IRPA92l3aGkQbqw8/?name=Technische+Beschreibung_Hummel.pdf
ATT00001.txt - http://help.trnsys.guru/attachments/token/1TzU4Vgl1Nnlrf9IAhukBIl9q/?name=ATT00001.txt

This email is a service from TRNSYS GURU.

[RHDA-GGEM]