[TRNSYS-users] Best Controller for Controlling Slab Surface Temperature?

Bradley Painting paintingbr at appstate.edu
Sun Sep 20 14:52:55 PDT 2015

I am attempting to control the surface temperature of a radiant slab by
turning flow on and off through an active layer. The active layer receives
a fluid of variable temperature. The allowable temperature range of the
surface must be pretty small to achieve thermal comfort -- within a couple
degrees.

At first I tried using a simple Type2b differential controller, where the
heating setpoint is the Upper Temperature and the slab surface temperature
is the Lower Temperature. However, it doesn't seem like it is responding. I
do anticipate a problem with this regardless because of the thermal lag of
the concrete slab. Which controller within the TESS or standard TRNSYS
library would work best? Thanks.

--

Brad Painting

Master of Science Candidate, Renewable Energy Engineering

Department of Technology & Environmental Design

Appalachian State University

Boone, NC  28608