[TRNSYS-users] Energy Balance for solar cooling system

Safwan Kanan safwan2smj at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 06:48:06 PDT 2015

Dear David,

I doing a simulation of a solar cooling system( collector, absorption chiller and building) and everything seems fine but I want to do an Energy balance for the whole system. So I calculated as Energy in (Useful heat from collector+Electricity consumed in the whole system such as pumps ,fan,chiller and tower fan+Building cooling load which I calculated separately assuming unlimited cooling power) and for Energy out ( heat subtract in cooling tower+pipes, duct and fan losses).

I found there was around one kWh difference during July of the second year simulation time.

My questions are:

1-Do you think that's correct? if not correct me, please.
2- I found there was no way to calculate cooling load while running the simulation, so I calculated it separately. any idea?
3-When I come to (pipes, duct and fan loss) some of cold pipe will gain heat instead of lost it, so should I add it to heat losses or subtract it?
Any idea I will appreciate that.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Safwan Kanan

PhD student at the University of Manchester
Manchester
M13 9PL
UK