[Virtual-sim] Job Opening: Green Buliding Science Software Engineer
Carla Morton (Temp)
carla.morton at autodesk.com
Thu Jul 7 11:48:44 PDT 2011
Greetings: Can you please share this job opening to your groups?
Green Building Science Software Engineer
Autodesk: San Francisco/San Rafael, CA
Contact: Carla.morton at autodesk.com<mailto:Carla.morton at autodesk.com>
Do you want to work with one of the world's most admired software companies? Do you want to have fun working with skilled and motivated teammates to develop the newest generation of energy analysis web service in the cloud?
Autodesk Green Building Studio provides web-based building energy analysis service to help architects and designers perform whole building analysis, optimize energy efficiency, and work toward carbon neutrality earlier in the design process. If you are an energy engineer with experience in software development in web-based or SaaS environment, this is the right opportunity for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work within an Agile and Scrum development team to extend the capabilities of Autodesk Green Building Studio web service as well as partner with Product Management, Subject Matter Expert in Building Science, Support, and Design to deliver high quality software throughout the development lifecycle.
* Design, prototype, develop, test, troubleshoot, and maintain source code of product development features.
* Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver development assignments per functional specification or user story defined by the feature or scrum team.
* Play an important role in establishing both short and long term validation engineering strategy with the focus on building energy analysis results.
* Research and study relevant building scientific reports, and ASHARE journals and handworks to support updating our in-house HVAC, building, construction materials that are the centerpieces of our building energy analysis web service.
* Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development team to work with the Product Owner(s) and Product Design to understand and help refine the functional and non-functional requirements.
* Distill user stories and test cases from disparate sources, and research/analysis of existing legacy architecture and software to develop automated tests, make enhancements, and/or resolve defects and performance issues.
* Investigate and, as necessary, prototype technologies and algorithms relating to the task.
* Conduct and participate in peer code reviews with own and other teams.
* Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineer and remote development team, help management team to increase the whole team's efficiency.
* A bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, or equivalent experience.
* 3-4 years of experience in building energy field.
* Experience with building energy modeling tools like DOE2, Energyplus, and eQuest.
* 2-3 years development and/or test experience in web-based or SaaS software development. Experience in Amazon and Azure cloud computing is a big plus.
* Working knowledge of XML, XSLT, SOAP, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, YUI, jQuery, SQL Server, and Stored Procedures.
* Good 3D geometry, math, and computer graphics programming skill.
* Good understanding of the software development lifecycle and experience with one or more products through all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to solve diverse and complex problems, with superior analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills. Thorough attention to detail.
* Ability to quickly learn a large body of existing code.
* Highly motivated, and a self-starter, with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
* Experience with Agile development methodologies, with Scrum a big plus.
* Experience with working in distributed teams.
* Knowledge and experience with Internet technologies application delivery, and protocols.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Virtual-sim