[BLDG-SIM] Faculty Position in Renewable Energy Engineering

Michael Brandemuehl michael.brandemuehl at colorado.edu
Thu Feb 7 08:06:54 PST 2002

Colleages,

The University of Colorado at Boulder Department of Civil, Environmental and
Architectural Engineering invites applications for a tenure track position
in its Building Systems group to begin in Fall 2002. We are seeking
candidates with research and teaching interests in renewable energy
technologies, with a focus on building electrical systems. The position is
described in this email and the attached PDF file. Please feel free to
contact me or forward this announcement to additional colleagues.

Michael J. Brandemuehl, Ph.D., P.E.
Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
University of Colorado
428 UCB, ECOT 441
Boulder, CO 80309-0428
303 492 8594
303 492 7317 fax
michael.brandemuehl at colorado.edu

The Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering invites
applications for a tenure track position in its Building Systems group to
begin in Fall 2002. We are seeking candidates with research and teaching
interests in renewable energy technologies, with a focus on building
electrical systems. Research experience in photovoltaic applications for
buildings, village power systems, distributed electrical power generation,
and other electrical renewable energy technologies is especially relevant.
We also recognize the value of teaching and professional experience in these
areas. The applicant will be expected to develop an externally funded
research program and to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The applicant must hold a Ph.D. in Engineering or other appropriate
discipline. The position is offered at the Assistant Professor level, though
exceptional candidates at other levels will be considered.

We are seeking a motivated, energetic individual to complement our existing
faculty in energy and building systems, whose activities are focused on a
unique graduate program on building energy systems and an accredited
undergraduate Architectural Engineering program. Current research and
teaching include energy efficiency in buildings, renewable energy systems,
intelligent control of building systems, thermal analysis, illumination
systems, and thermoacoustics. We enjoy a close working relationship with
researchers at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and with
partners in the private sector. In addition, the Department is pursuing an
overarching Earth Systems Engineering Initiative, which includes
multidisciplinary research and education on sustainable development and the
establishment of a Center for Energy in the Built Environment. Additional
information on our activities can be reviewed at our website
http://ceae.colorado.edu/.

The Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering is
comprised of 38 faculty members in six distinct specialty areas. The
Department is home to more than 400 undergraduate and 220 graduate students.
The Architectural Engineering and Building Systems Programs involve
approximately 200 undergraduate students and approximately 30 graduate
students at the M.S. and Ph.D. levels. The Department accomplishes more than
$4 million of research per year.

Interested persons should send their curriculum vita and other relevant
information to:

Michael J. Brandemuehl, Ph.D., P.E.
Chair, Search Committee
Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
University of Colorado at Boulder
428 UCB, Room ECOT 441
Boulder, CO 80309-0428

The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on January 31, 2002
and will continue to review applications until the position is filled. The
University of Colorado at Boulder is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.