[bldg-sim] Question about simulation in equest

Smita Chandra smita at swinter.com
Tue Dec 21 08:23:08 PST 2004

Dear Gary Zeng,

Usually you can simplify the wave into a few rectangles/trapezoids.  A few
degrees difference in tilt will not affect your results to any significant
degree.  What matters is (1) the tilt of the roof surface, and (2) the
surface area of the roof; the first affects solar gain, the second heat
transfer.  As long as your simplification matches these two criteria
reasonably well, your results should be reasonable as well.

Sincerely,
Smita

At 07:43 AM 12/18/2004 Saturday, you wrote:
>zeng-yi at etang.com

Dear guys:
now I am using equest3.5 in a energy simulation project.A big barrier is
the wave shaped roof,whicn i did not know how to model it. I would like to
know how i can create a simulation model in equest or other visual tool
like VisualDOE.
it is urgent to me and any help is greatly appreciated.
u can reach me directly by zeng-yi at etang.com or reply this message.

Smita Chandra
Energy Analyst
M. Arch., LEED accredited professional