[BLDG-SIM] Need help on eQuest

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Tue Apr 25 09:37:29 PDT 2006

Gang, I think you have a mix-up between the library file that comes with
DOE2.2 vs the one that comes with eQuest.  The library files aren't the
same, you'll have to add the materials from the one to the other.  I
believe you can do this with a text editor.  You may be able to copy the
library file from DOE2.2 to eQuest (although you'll have fewer library
choices as the eQuest one has more entries?)

I had done this before where I wanted to use DOE2.2 directly instead of
eQuest, so I had to copy over the eQuest library file (I forget the
exact name of the file...BDLLIB.dat or similar).  I'm not sure what to
do for you, since you may have used components out of the eQuest library
and can't simply revert to the DOE2.2 library.

Please make copies of all files before you modify anything!

As far as I know, you will have to keep using the detailed data edit
mode.  You may want to look at a tool such as "compare-it" to keep track
of two separate eQuest *.inp files.

Hope this helps.  And hope someone will jump in and correct me if I'm
off-base, or elaborate on the differences between library files.

David