[BLDG-SIM] Standard Buildings

Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV
Tue Jul 18 09:57:03 PDT 2006

Andrew,

You can get simulation inputs for different building
types tied to a version of 90.1 -- you'd have to put
in the size -- from the EnergyPlus web interface.
Go to the bottom center of this page (E+ example file generator):
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/interfaces_tools.html

DOE is creating prototypes based on the 2003 CBECS
(Joe Huang is updating work he did based on 1995 CBECS).
We hope to make those available for use late this summer or early fall.
(We will announce their availability on the various email lists.)

Dru Crawley

                      "Andrew Sheaffer"
                      <sheaffer at uic.edu>       To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      BLDG-SIM at gard.com        Subject:  [BLDG-SIM] Standard Buildings

                      07/18/2006 12:32 PM
                      Please respond to         |--------------------------|
                      sheaffer                  | ( ) Federal Record       |
                                                | (*) Not a Federal Record |
                                                |--------------------------|

                                     User Filed as: Not Categorized in ERMS

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
       |                                                                                    |
       | If this external e-mail is a record and you are the first EERE recipient, click the|
       |           'File to ERMS' button in the toolbar to categorize this e-mail           |
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am wondering if anyone is aware of standard/generic prepared building
models that can be used for retrofit evaluations.  I am working on a
project where we are testing various new ventilation technologies in
several climate zones.  The technologies are to be evaluated in several
generic buildings ? a hotel, school, hospital and office building ? to see
what the affect of the different climates is on the technologies.  Has
anyone constructed hypothetical models that fall into these categories?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Sheaffer
Research Engineer