[Bldg-sim] LEED EB Credit 1

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:38:50 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm doing a preliminary LEED review for a client who has a large laboratory
building (not covered under Energy Star).  The building is served by a
central campus steam plant and has an absorption chiller so both heating and
cooling are provided by central steam.  The building has been operational
for well over 15 years, but the steam is not metered.  Are we SOL for LEED
EB?  Does anyone know of an alternate way to set a baseline, other than
metering for 3 years and delaying implementing energy efficiency
improvements?  Unfortunately submitting a CIR requires us to register first
when we may not even be able to attempt LEED!

Thanks for your replies.

~karen~