[bldg-sim] Building Information Modeling

Rob Hitchcock RJHitchcock at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 25 10:48:54 PST 2007

Ramana,

There is still work in progress on developing utilities for import of
IFC geometry, materials, and construction data into energy simulation.
To my knowledge, this work has not yet produced a robust utility for
this data exchange in the U.S. market.

There are tools currently available for data exchange between Autodesk,
and other vendor, CAD software and energy simulation tools (e.g., see
Green Building Studio at www.greenbuildingstudio.com).

Rob Hitchcock
=========