[BLDG-SIM] Energy Modeling Software Recommendations for Architects

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:54:18 PDT 2007

Robert,

DAYSIM is a daylighting simulation software that exports from sketchup and
AutoCAD/3D Studio. ( www.daysim.com )

DAYSIM is the only Radiance based daylighting simulation software I know of
that helps make daylighting design decisions based on annual climatic
conditions through metrics like Daylight Autonomy, Useful Daylight
Illuminances, Daylight Saturation Percentage and the like. I personally find
the results quite useful and It's not hard to learn at all.

Ramana Koti, LEED AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS | a division of berkebile nelson immenschuh mcdowell architects
106 W. 14th Street Suite 200
Kansas City, Missouri 64105

p 816.783.1635 f 816.783.1501
www.bnim.com| elements.bnim.com