[BLDG-SIM] eQuest: Improving Heating Capacity: Addition Rate Ratio?

Maren Traeger mtraeger at long.com
Fri Nov 16 14:09:29 PST 2007

Happy Friday Afternoon!

After spending some time reviewing my model output report, I am stuck on
ways to improve the heat addition rate (found on page SV-A).  I have
tried manipulating the coil heating capacity and various fan parameters
but can't seem to improve the capacity: addition ratio any higher than
roughly 50%.  Is this a standard ratio for my system type (PVAV) or are
there other parameters that I should look to improve (such manipulating
the capacity curves) to boost my overall system heat transfer
efficiency?

I'd appreciate any input or thoughts!

Maren

* Please consider the environment before printing this email.