[BLDG-SIM] Error in eQUEST example file LP2LPHP.inp

Routh Consulting Engineers routhconsultingengineers at charter.net
Wed Nov 21 17:06:36 PST 2007

Mr. Tian:

I believe you need to change the heating water supply temperature in the heating loop attached to the heat pump chiller system to 130F or lower. This is pretty much a limitation of an actual chiller used in a heat pump configuration that this model simulates. The refrigerant temperature in a typical chiller condenser isn't hot enough to raise the condenser water temperature to any warmer than this. In my experience, even 130F is pushing it.

Rick Routh
Routh Consulting Engineers, Inc.
P.O. Box 3187
Pasco, WA  99302