[BLDG-SIM] Error in eQUEST example file LP2LPHP.inp

Doug Maddox DougM at TWGI.com
Sun Nov 25 13:07:18 PST 2007

Where can the LP2LPHP.INP file be found?  Can it be downloaded directly
from DOE2.com?  I could not find it there.

Thanks,

Doug Maddox

The Weidt Group

________________________________

From: BLDG-SIM at gard.com [mailto:BLDG-SIM at gard.com] On Behalf Of Routh
Consulting Engineers
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:07 PM
To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] Error in eQUEST example file LP2LPHP.inp

Mr. Tian:

I believe you need to change the heating water supply temperature in the
heating loop attached to the heat pump chiller system to 130F or lower.
This is pretty much a limitation of an actual chiller used in a heat
pump configuration that this model simulates. The refrigerant
temperature in a typical chiller condenser isn't hot enough to raise the
condenser water temperature to any warmer than this. In my experience,
even 130F is pushing it.

Rick Routh
Routh Consulting Engineers, Inc.
P.O. Box 3187