[BLDG-SIM] Occupancy Sensors

C. J. Gann cjg04austin at swbell.net
Fri Nov 16 12:58:12 PST 2007

Steve,

You didn't say whether you were modeling an ASHRAE 90.1 or LEED project. If
so automatic lighting shutoff controls are a mandatory requirement for areas
not operated 24/7 according to Sec. 9.4.1. If you provide occupancy sensors
for zone level control you can show savings for occupancy sensors according
to Table G3.2 in Appendix G. Methods allowed include reduction of the
connected LPD or a reduction in the hourly lighting schedules.

Regards,

Craig J. Gann, P.E.
www.EnergySimulators.com