[Bldg-sim] Solar Shade Simulation

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Thu Mar 19 06:56:09 PDT 2009

Omer,

Google SketchUp. It's free, easy to use, and has a reasonably good
sun/shadow rendering that allows you to see the effects as you change
the date and time. You can get fancier with something like Ecotect and
its sun path diagrams, but for a task like this I'd just go with
SketchUp.

-Cramer

J. Cramer Silkworth

Transsolar Climate Engineering

Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in
buildings.

145 Hudson Street

Suite 402

New York, NY 10013