[Bldg-sim] Energy Plus - draw holes - convert outline blocks

Paul Raftery p.raftery at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 01:25:57 PDT 2010

Hi Amelia,

1. You cannot draw 'doughnut' shaped surfaces in EnergyPlus, so if you need
to draw a hole in a slab, just split the slab into two surfaces either side
of the hole.

Regards,
Paul

On 13 June 2010 20:08, amelia zargandeh <nouri.zarg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have three different basic questions:
>
> 1 - I have been trying to draw holes on floors where the stairs are placed
> in my geometrical model. But the program does not allow me to draw them on
> the exact place of the stairs.
>
> 2 - I can´t convert some outline blocks into building blocks, as the
> message: failed, appears.
>
> 3 - Is there any specific way of drawing chimneys?
>

> Thank you very much for your help
>
> Amelia

Paul

=====================
Contact Details
=====================
Paul Raftery, BEng(Hons) (Mech), Fulbright Fellow
Informatics Research Unit for Sustainable Engineering (IRUSE) Galway,
Department of Civil Engineering,
National University of Ireland, Galway,
University Road,
Galway,