[Bldg-sim] DCV per ASHRAE 62.1 in eQuest

Dan Coutin CoutinD at erdmananthony.com
Fri May 28 09:01:39 PDT 2010

Using eQuest 3.63, I am modeling a school building with a high
ventilation requirement. The schedule indicates a minimum OA cfm and
employs DCV that adds OA per occupant in a manner similar to ASHRAE
62.1:2004.

Can someone informed, please suggest

a) how this may be best input in eQuest, and:
b) importantly, how it may be verified in the output.

As in real life the amount of ventilation (used/modeled) has a
considerable energy impact and needs to be particularly accurate.

I see the DCV Zone sensors options, and have read the zone/system
ventilation help, but I find the help descriptions somewhat ambiguous.

In this example the system is constant volume roof top units with heat
recovery. Unoccupied control is cycling fans with no ventilation.

Thanks
Dan Coutin, Erdman Anthony, Albany, NY.
coutind at erdmananthony.com