[Bldg-sim] eQuest - Model verification

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:20:56 PDT 2011

Bill summed it up really well, Katherine. Sometimes a client will think a
calibrated model must match the real building by an unrealistically high
number, like 1%. I really can't imagine an instance when that would be
desirable. It certainly would be costly to achieve.

Usually the plan is to use the calibrated model as a tool to examine various
energy saving measures/opportunities that the client may be interested in
implementing. It is important to remember, in this case that you are looking
at the usage between the calibrated model and the ECM model, so the 1%
deviation is consistent in both and not a worry.

Carol

Carol Gardner PE