[Bldg-sim] DOAS and chilled beam/radiator

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Mon Aug 15 05:56:59 PDT 2011

Eleanor,

1.       In my experience - active chilled beams typically operate at constant volume (set to the ventilation rate in the room) and you vary the cooling rate with a 3-way valve on the cooling coil to vary the cooling capacity of the beam.

2.       Different beam designs have different induction ratios ¨C I would look up the manufacturers data. The typical range is around 3-6.

3.       Yes ¨C you can simulate a WSE now ¨C you need to add a chiller and select waterside economizer as chiller type. Not sure why your example is not working ¨C if you attach an inp file I¡¯m sure someone can shed some light no that.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainable Design Analyst
1315 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309