[Bldg-sim] Daylight control in Design Builder

Dr Paul Carey paul at zed-uk.com
Mon Jul 16 17:55:54 PDT 2012

Dear Sheelam

The problem with your model is that it is set up to run the DBSim simulation
engine.  You need to set it up using the EnergyPlus simulation engine if you
wish to include daylight linked lighting control.

If you open your model in DesignBuilder you will notice in the top right
hand corner (as per below screenshot) that the DBSim logo is shown.

 If you click on the box, it will open up the model settings dialog which
will allow you to choose the EnergyPlus option (assuming you have that
licence) and then you will be able to access more functionality than is
currently available in the DBSim model version.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Paul