[EnergyPlus_Support] Model sizes, controls and PV

I am just curious, what size buildings are being modeled with
EnergyPlus? Not only the phyical size, but how complex are the
buildings (structure, many wall and window types, etc.)?

Also, are there any plans to make the control systems more flexible.
Building controls in the real world are extremely flexible. You can
control by more than just temperature and time schedules, you can
use disciminator controls to control based on loading or control
based on occupancy sensor input. In my opinion, modeling real world
controls using DOE is much more flexible.

Finally, has any one else used EnergyPlus to model PV performance? I
used EnergyPlus and the results just didn't look right to me, so I
used another program to compare. EnergyPlus wasn't even in the
ballpark with regard to the energy produced. Additionally, I had two
arrays of different sizes pointing different directions, and the
results reported by EnergyPlus were exactly the same for both. Any
thoughts?

Thanks for any input,

Michelle Smith
Belle Engineering, LLC