Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Flexible Simulation Preriod Question

The purpose of doing this is because we have integerated some optimization
modules into energyplus so that we can optimize the setpoints to save
electrical cost. for example, optimize zone temperature setpoints.

However, right now, the optimization is based on a given weather
data,building occupancy, etc. There is a possibility that these given data
are not correct anymore by the time we operateing the system. for example,
we did the optimization based on the forcasted weather data and building
schedule data, then start to run the system. Maybe by 9:00 am, we have some
new updated information on the weather and building occuupancy during the
rest of simulation period, then we want to optimiz the setpoints based on
these new information. so we have to run an optimization starts from 9:00
am.

This is one case that we want to be able to modify the source code so that
the optimizer can call the EP from 9:00 am and do the optimization.

What do you think about this possibility?

Thank you very much for your reply.

>From: "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx>
>To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Flexible Simulation Preriod Question
>Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:10:19 -0500
>
>Well, it's probably possible, but only with major modifications to
>the source code.  What is the goal of doing this?  Perhaps there's
>another way.  Note that each simulation repeats the first day several
>times until warmup convergence is achieved, so I'm nost sure what
>would be gained by shifting the simulation to be 8am to 8am instead
>of midnight to midnight.
>
>Mike Witte
>
>On 11 Sep 2002, at 10:02, Dominique Chow wrote:
>
> > Right now, every simulation should starts from hour 1 of the first day
>and
> > ends at hour 24 of the last day. By modifying the code, is it possible
>that
> > we can simulate any time period? for example: from 8:00 am the first day
> > 8:00 am the second day, or from noon to noon, etc. Or suppose I need to
>do a
> > totally 72 hour simulation. I want to simulate hour 1 to 24, then do
>some
> > modification on zone setpoint and simulate hour 2 to 25, then do some
>other
> > modification and hour 3 to 26.... each segment should use the proper
>thermal
> > history...
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > If possible, in this case, how to handle the thermal history?
> >
> > Thank you very much!

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:

>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/