[EnergyPlus_Support] E+ stops "Autosizing" by causing a failure

Dear all,

I'm using the autosize functions to design my HVACs required flows and power. I build up a model similar to one of the attached in the examples (5ZoneAutoDXVAV.idf). Using the original file all runs quite well for the first time but not in mine. I put in zero for the values "Rated Total Cooling Capacity" and "Rated Air Volume Flow Rate" for my "COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical" and got the following errors:

** Severe  ** Out of range value Numeric Field#1 (Rated Total Cooling Capacity (gross)), value=0.00000, range={>0.0}, in COIL:DX:COOLINGBYPASSFACTOREMPIRICAL=MAIN COOLING COIL ZONE001
   ** Severe  ** Out of range value Numeric Field#4 (Rated Air Volume Flow Rate), value=0.00000, range={>0.0}, in COIL:DX:COOLINGBYPASSFACTOREMPIRICAL=MAIN COOLING COIL ZONE001

Putting in vales the simulation (autosizing) starts, but I think therefore they shall be zero as mentioned in the script. Nevertheless I got a second failure:

**  Fatal  ** Air Primary Loop DIRECT HEATING AIR LOOP ZONE001 has no air flow

I stopped with my model and turned back to the origin example (attached in E+) changed the zero values at the COIL:DX there to some possible real values (> 0), made a simulation and turned the values back to zero. Now I got the same error message I got for my model. Once you change the origin the model fails for all runs with zero as an input.

So have a nice start in this week.

Kind regards

Isidor

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!