Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ground heat exchanger:vertical

Chaoqin:

Yes, your understanding is correct.  There are several example
LNTTS/GFUCN datasets in EnergyPlus\Datasets\GLHERefData.idf  Once you
have specified the characteristics of the ground loop heat exchanger,
EnergyPlus gives you the ability to model it with an HVAC system to
determine energy use and system performance.

Mike

On 11 May 2003, at 19:36, zhaicq98 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am confused about the function of ground heat exchanger:vertical in
> E+. Seems it is not used for design purpose. In order to use this
> model, the required length of ground loop and a series of LNTTS and
> GFUCN have to be decided using other ground loop design programs and
> then they are used as inputs to E+. What I do not understand is what
> E+ can give me regarding to this ground loop heat exchanger.
>
> Maybe I have some misunderstanding about this model. If so, pls let me
> know.
>
> Thanks,
> Chaoqin

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx