[EnergyPlus_Support] Effect of minimal HVAC loads on simulation results

I have been doing some research into the accuracy of simulation
programs on more innovative buildings.  Particularly, well-build
residential buildings with A LOT of passive solar design
incorporated, therefore requiring a minimal amount of mechanical
HVAC.  These simulations seem to have exceptionally high margin of
error when compared to theactual energy consumption.  Do you know if
there is any relationship?  Does EnergyPlus not respond well to
buildings with a HVAC system which only consumes say 30% of the
structures energy?

BTW - I am not very experienced with modeling, so I cannot tell you
if there is error in the inputs of the models I am looking at.

Thanks

Hailey

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM