Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Trombe wall

First, check geometry by turning on "report, surfaces, details" and
make sure that all surfaces in the trombe wall zone have the correct
tilt and azimuth.  All surfaces should face out from the zone.

Mike

On 11 Jul 2003, at 15:04, Roberto Lollini wrote:

> Dear all, maybe you have already talk about this item, but I don't
> know how to procede. I'm simuling a building and I would like to know
> the effect of the application of the trombe wall system replacing the
> south wall. I used as a guide for the definition of the input file the
> example (passive trombe) included in the EnergyPlus, but, I have error
> message as follow:
>
>   ** Severe  ** View factors not complete. Probably bad surface
>   descriptions
> in zone="TROMBE_45-14A".
>    **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is
>    0.0)=205.8402 **   ~~~   ** Enforced value is not within normal
>    convergence tolerance
> (<.0001).
>    ** Severe  ** View factors not complete. Probably bad surface
> descriptions in zone="TROMBE_14C-53".
>    **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is
>    0.0)=200.9855 **   ~~~   ** Enforced value is not within normal
>    convergence tolerance
> (<.0001).
>    **  Fatal  ** Convergence error in SolveForWindowTemperatures for
>    window
> V_TROMBE_14-A
>    ************* EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 2
>    Warning; 2
> Severe Errors
>
> Could anyone be so kind to suggest me what I have to check in my input
> file?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Roberto Lollini
> ------ ---------------------------------------------------------------
> ITC-CNR Istituto per le Tecnologie della Costruzione - Consiglio
> Nazionale delle Ricerche
>                  Construction Technologies Institute - National
>                  Research
> Council
> Via Lombardia, 49
> 20098 S.Giuliano Milanese (MI)
> Italy
> tel +39 02 9806 215
> fax +39 02 9828 0088
> e.mail r.lollini@xxxxxxxxxx

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM