[EnergyPlus_Support] IP-SI examples

I have uploaded 3 files that may help convert outputs from EnergyPlus to IP
units.  A new folder in our files area has been created --
IP-Examples.  Anyone can post there.

   File        : /IP-Examples/IP-SI-Functions.txt
   Description : Text file of SI/IP functions that can be pasted into a VBA
module of Excel Spreadsheet.

   File        : /IP-Examples/IP-ExampleSpreadsheet.xls
   Description : SI to IP example spreadsheet (1ZoneUncontrolled outputs as
example)

   File        : /IP-Examples/PERSONAL.XLS
   Description : Set of macros that gets loaded into the XLSTART folder for
Excel Applications.  Automatically makes these macros and functions
available to spreadsheets opened thereafter.

You are free to use the PERSONAL.XLS spreadsheet in your XLSTART
folder.  It contains a few macros in addition to the functions.  (I have
not personally tested all the functions and found that my version of Excel
(2000) did not parse the CtoF function that I had -- so caveat
emptor).  Or, you can paste the text functions into a VBA module in Excel.

This makes a set of UserDefined functions for Excel.  You can then "insert
function" and pick the correct function for the data.  (I'm sure someone
can automate this based on our EnergyPlus output units -- they are all
"standard" abbreviations).

Finally, the spreadsheet example shows a simple use on Sheet1 and then two
other sheets.  One is direct from EnergyPlus in SI
units.  (1ZoneUncontrolled, outdoor dry bulb and zone mean air
temperature).  The 3rd sheet is the second sheet converted to IP units.  (I
changed the headers as well).

Hope this helps.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.