Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Two questions on surface heat transfer

If you use world coordinates, then the zone origins should be (0,0,0).

If you use relative coordinates, the zone origins can be (0,0,0) as you
propose.  Or you could set the Zone 3 origin to be (10,0,0) and then the Zone 3
South wall coordinates would be (0,0,0), (10,0,0), (10,0,3) and (10,0,3).

Whichever method you choose, be sure that the starting point and direction of
vertices are consistent with the specifications in the SurfaceGeometry object.
You have listed vertices counterclockwise, starting with the lower left corner.

Use "report, surfaces, dxf;" to produce a dxf drawing of your building surfaces
and "report, surfaces, details;" to produce a listing of each surface with
height, width, tilt, and azimuth to help verify your geometry.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx