Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about Cooling Tower

A pump with 0 efficiency can not move water without using infinite
power.  My guess is that if you give CONDPUMP a real world efficiency,
all the errors will go away......

Ned Lyon

Senior Project Manager
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.

41 Seyon Street
Building #1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA  02453

Phone:  781-907-9000
Fax:  781-907-9009

>>> herreroprada@xxxxxxxx 6/15/2004 12:20:21 PM >>>
Hello all,

I am having some problems while simulating condenser
loop water cooled with a cooling tower. I am
autosizing everything (plant sizing), except the
Design Water Flow rate (m3/s) which has to be the same
that appears in the chiller object, in the field:
Design Condenser Volumetric Flow rate (m3/s)

But, althouth I have tried with different options (as
creating a schedule for a Condenser Temperature
Setpoint node in the Condenser Loop object or just
typing AIR to use the outdoor air wet-bulb as the
setpoint, as i have seen in the example files) I keep
getting the same errors:

** Warning ** Check input. Pump nominal power or motor
efficiency is set to 0, for pump=CONDPUMP
   ** Warning ** Check input. Pump nominal volumetric
flow rate is set or calculated = 0, for pump=CONDPUMP
   ** Severe  ** COOLING TOWER:SINGLE SPEED "TOWER".
Free convection air flow rate must be less than the
design air flow rate.
   ** Severe  ** COOLING TOWER:SINGLE SPEED "TOWER".
Free convection UA must be less than the design tower
UA.
   **  Fatal  ** Errors found in Cooling Tower input

I do not understand what is going on. I have also
autosized the condenser pump and I have tried by
changing the exit temperature and the delta
temperature in the plant sizing object for the
condenser plant.

I am sure i am missing something. Could anybody tell
me what it is?

Thanks a lot,

Carmen.

Yahoo! lanza su nueva tecnología de búsquedas
¿te atreves a comparar?
http://busquedas.yahoo.es

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to: