[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Calculating Cooling Loads?

Thanks for your quick response.  However, I have been using that
particular example as well as some others.  I have included internal
gains from lights, people, and equipment and have included
infiltration. Just wondering if you may know what it is that is
causing the error
** Severe  ** Temperature out of bounds (223.80) for surface=ROOF
>    **   ~~~   ** occuring in simulation=ST JOHN'S NF CAN WYEC2-B-
> 14521 WMO#=718010 at 01/01 00:45.
I've checked and rechecked the materials properties as the error
script suggested, and they appear fine.  Any further suggestions
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
S_halbot

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rahul Chillar
<chillarrahul@y...> wrote:
> Kindly refer to the Example Files folder in energy plus and look at
1 zone uncontrolled.idf , there are some other examples too of very
simple buildings for simply calculating the cooling and heating
loads.

> thanks
> Rahul
>

> s_halbot <s_halbot@y...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a undergrad mechanical engineering student and first time user
> of E+. I am trying to calculate the cooling load of a simple
> rectangular builing(i.e. 4 walls, roof and floor), 1 zone with no
> windows and no doors.  Each time I run the simulation I get the
error

> ** Severe  ** Temperature out of bounds (223.80) for surface=ROOF
>    **   ~~~   ** occuring in simulation=ST JOHN'S NF CAN WYEC2-B-
> 14521 WMO#=718010 at 01/01 00:45.
>
> Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong or have some general
> advice for calculating cooling loads? Also do I have to include
> Purchased Air to calculate a cooling load in E
> + and if so what does that entail?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> S. Halbot

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.