[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Forcing system behavior

Mike,

Thanks for looking at that.

So, this is news. A "mixture of autosized and user-specified
values...generally does not work well".

Is this even when the EIO file reports correct/acceptable values for
all the autosized parameters?

Just as a comment, the I/O Reference certainly does not lead one to
believe this is the case, the way it is written it seems to encourage
the use of autosizing.

Shaun

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> It is difficult to evaluate what is happening here, because the
file is a
> mixture of autosized and user-specified values.  This generally
does not work
> well in EnergyPlus.
>
> The supply air temperature not meeting setpoint appears to be a
problem with
> the cooling coil inputs.  Within COIL:WATER:COOLING, the coil
should be allowed
> to completely autosize or be completely specified.  Also, there is
more outside
> air flow specified in the outside air controller than in the ZONE
SIZING
> object.  Finally, try using COIL:Water:DetailedFlatCooling to see
if that will
> adequately control the supply air temperature.
>
> Mike
>

> On 8 Dec 2004, at 2:45, sm278424 wrote:
>

> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > I've uploaded a couple of files (an EPMIDF and an XLS with some
of
> > our results). Your response leaves me puzzled because the zone
> > setpoint is not being met, yet
> >   -> unmet demand = 0
> >   -> the chilled water coil deltaT at peak is only 2.4C when 5.6C
is
> > design/idf input
> >   -> the SA volume is fixed at 73 L/s (more than the bare minimum)
> >   -> the SA temperature is too warm because E+ says it has to be
> > warmer (11.67C is idf input)
> >   -> the radiant panel flow is not at capacity
> >
> > I wonder if you could see if you see any problems with our IDF
input.

> > About your earlier question, I'm using COIL:Water:Cooling.
> >
> > Shaun
> >

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
> > <mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> > > If the unmet demand is zero, then the plant has enough capacity
> > meet the
> > > request from the chilled water coil.  If the zone setpoint is
still
> > not met,
> > > then the chilled water coil is not delivering enough cooling.
> > Either the
> > > airflow rate is too low, or the supply air temperature is too
> > warm.  This could
> > > be a control problem, an airflow sizing problem, or a coil
sizing
> > problem.
> > >
> > > Mike

> > demand.