[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: opening area COMIS

HI,

I thought maybe i could use the calcution method used on pg 343 of the
I/O reference manaul.

"COMIS/EnergyPlus uses a combination of factors to determine the
actual opening area for a window or door when it is venting. For
example, consider a window that is 1.5m high and 2.0m wide (excluding
frame). Assume that the COMIS Air Flow:Opening for this window has
Type of Large Vertical Opening = 1 (non-pivoting window), Height
Factor = 0.5 and Width Factor = 0.8.
Then when the window is fully open, the opening area = height of
opening (0.5x1.5) times width of opening (0.8x2.0) = 0.75x1.6 = 1.2
m2. If the Window/Door Opening Factor is 0.75, then the opening area =
0.75x1.2 = 0.9 m2"

But this is for a non pivoting window, is it the same for a pivoting
window with a horizontal pivoting axis? And are the height factor and
width factor the same for example? I can't find any notice of this in
the manuals?

Greetings,
Sebastian