Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Constant Deck and Supply Temperatures

While the DX coil cannot control itself directly, a gas heating coil can.  For
this application, delete the FURNACE object and put the gas heating coil
directly on the branch and specify the coil outlet node to be the Coil Temp
Setpoint Node.  Use SET POINT MANAGER:SCHEDULED to place the heating and
cooling setpoints at the respective outlet nodes.

I have made a note to make sure that the I/O ref explains which coils can go
directly on a branch, which need a controller, and which need to be contained
inside a parent object.

Mike

On 7 Dec 2006 at 20:55, asheaffe wrote:

> I am trying to simulate a 100% outside air, constant volume, constant
> temperature ventilation system.  I want to dehumidify the ventilation
> air by using a DX coil (I used a DXSystem:AirLoop object) and then a
> gas reheat coil (FURNACE:BLOWTHRU:HEATONLY).  I want the air to come
> off the DX coil at a maximum and constant 55F (except during the
> winter when the OA to the system will be lower than that temp).  I
> want the air to come off the gas coil in the furnace at a contant 68F,
> year round, no matter what.  How do I do this?
>
> I have tried using setpoint controllers at the outlet nodes to both
> coils, but the furnace mandates that the thermostat location be in a
> zone, which causes my setpoint managers to be over riden by the zone
> needs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support