Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question on run time fraction

The runtime fraction (RTF) is the fraction of time the compressor
operates during a time step. Your question below sounds like the same
thing to me "Does it represent the fraction of the time step
that cooling would be on, or is it the rate at which the compressor
cycles". And looking at the runtime fraction examples you gave, 0.1 is
only 10% runtime fraction or approximately 10% of the DX coil capacity,
this unit is over-sized for the load. Make your coil smaller so the RTF
is higher and near 0.9 at the design load..

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years