Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus IDF Editor

On 3 Jan 2008 at 9:02, André Lopes wrote:

>     - What should be the better sequence for studying the Manuals of EnergyPlus?

1. Getting Started
1b. Auxiliary Programs - for more details on IDF Editor if desired
2. Example files - find an example file which matches what you wish to model
and examine the objects in it.
3. Input Output Reference - this is not meant to be read in sequence.  Rather
look up specific topics as needed.
4. Engineering Reference, only if you are interested in the equations and
algorithms.

>     - What Document (EPlus Manual or file) should I study to learn how to work
>     well with the IDF Editor?

Getting Started and Auxiliary Programs

>     - What Document (EPlus Manual or file) should I study to learn how to
>     identify and correct errors, that can appear in the Design Builder Exported
>     IDF Files?

I am surprised by this question.  But in general, error messages will reference
specific objects in the input file, then look in the Input Output Reference for
details on how the object is intended to be used.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx