[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Weather data

I Drury,
how can I calculate direct normal radiation from global horizontal and
diffuse horizontal radiations? I think that direct normal radiation is
measured over a surface perpendicular to solar rays and so I can't
obtain it with a subtraction.
thank you.

Tonia

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Crawley, Drury"
<Drury.Crawley@...> wrote:

> You need direct normal solar radiation but that can be calculated
from the global and diffuse.  Do you have wind direction?  The
WeatherConverter can convert most formats to EPW format.  Read about
it in the Auxiliary Programs Document.