[Equest-users] Making best use of custom footprint and zones in eQuest

Surabhi Joshi surabhi.cca at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:08:56 PDT 2009

Tom,

I am guessing you built a custom footprint & zones by importing a CAD file &
tracing over it. If not, do that. You can refer to eQuest's help menu for
guidance on this.

Make sure that you save your drawing as AutoCAD 2000/2004.
By default, eQuest identifies all the lines drafted (traced) while
customizing "footprint" as external walls.
All polygons drafted (traced) while customizing the zones will be taken as
rooms. Thus, any wall with zones on either side will become an internal
wall. Note that only the part of a line with zones on either side will be an
internal wall, rest will be external by default.

I suggest you to check your customized footprint & zones for missing lines.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Surabhi Joshi
Student - MS Building Technology