[Equest-users] Comparing Multiple Systems

Daniel Croisant danc at ibcengineering.com
Fri Sep 11 06:57:13 PDT 2009

I've worked mostly in Trane's Trace, but am starting to do more work in
eQUEST.  At this point I do not know of an easy way to compare different
systems in eQUEST, say packaged single zone DX cooling with gas-fired
furnace versus a ground source heat pump.  In Trace you basically create
a new building with each alternative where you can easily change
everything within the alternative.  At this point the only two methods I
know of to compare different systems in eQUEST is to create global
parameters for a parametric run, but with all of the system definitions
unique to each system this seems like a dubious task to change an entire
system.  The second way I know of is to 'save-as' in another file and
just switch out the system.  Does anyone know of a better way to run a
comparative analysis of different systems in eQUEST?

Thank you,
Dan Croisant

Mechanical Design Engineer | LEED Accredited Professional

Direct  262.522.4414

I B C ENGINEERING SERVICES, INC.

N8 W22195 Johnson Drive, Suite 180

Waukesha, Wisconsin  53186

T 262.549.1190  : :  F  262.549.1620

www.ibcengineering.com
<outbind://6-00000000AF197C2489C5924F981A4714E386B70007002205731698538A4
B916BE45056074CE10000008ADCF300002205731698538A4B916BE45056074CE1000000B
903BB0000/www.ibcengineering.com>