[Equest-users] lighting-schedule&lighting-demand

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Apr 12 08:46:10 PDT 2010

Heinrich,

I've found something that may help or be a red herring...

I tried running the simulation so I could view a few things in the spreadsheet views, but I didn't have the Dusseldorf weather file on-hand, so without changing anything else I substituted a local weather file I had on my computer for Kansas City, Missouri.

The results (see attached consumption/demand reports ) interestingly show the area lighting fluctuating a good deal more than the demand report you provided, suggesting whatever is off may be weather-dependant.

I do not see any daylighting specified for the interior lighting, which was my initial guess, so there I am at a loss!  I'm not sure how else the modeled interior lighting loads may be affected by the weather file/site properties used (i.e. latitude/longitude)... Does "Area Lighting" cover more than interior lighting loads?  Perhaps someone more experienced can comment...?

I'll be interested to hear your findings,

~Nick

PS: I'm unsure of whether a space being unoccupied might override any hourly values entered in a lighting schedule...  I had a hunch this might be the case since you appeared to have a clean block of months with uniformly lowered demand.  Even so, I think I've verified it cannot  be a holiday scheduling issue by changing your custom holiday schedule to "No holidays," and still observing fluctuating area lighting loads.

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway

olathe ks 66061