[Equest-users] Equest v 3.63 - Pkg Heat Pump - heating output

Mike Schaefer mikedschaefer at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 06:13:19 PDT 2010

While modeling a variable speed blower fan and variable compressor rooftop unit heat pump the Simulation Report lists the EM1 Electricity MBTU for space heating as "nan". Does anyone know why I don’t receive a quantity for heating?
Also when comparing the VAV blower fan Heat Pump (with digital scroll compressor) design with a CV blower fan Heat Pump (Single Stage Compressor) design I only recieve a partial savings in cooling.

I've attached my files for both a CV and VAV volume Heat Pump.

BTW: this is my first time using this software.

Michael Schaefer - P.E., LEED® AP