[Equest-users] Modeling Variable Speed Air Cooled Screw Chillers

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:37:45 PDT 2010

Mohammad,

I will answer you if you don't mind. Tell the manufacturer that you need to
know how the chiller unloads based on the outside air temperature (DBT) and
the leaving chilled water temperature (CHWT), in other words, the chilled
water temperature you are delivering to your systems. You will find when you
go into your online help manuals that you need to normalize all your data
around the ARI design conditions. That means that your EIRs will look like
1.0, 1.09, .98, etc., depending on whether your part load EIR is higher or
lower than the EIR at the ARI design condition. If that is confusing to you
still, after doing your diligence and reading the DOE2/eQUEST online help
manuals, let us know.

Carol

--
Carol Gardner PE