[Equest-users] Modeling Chiller Efficiencies as per ASHRAE 90.1

reniel barroso renielbarroso at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 04:13:42 PST 2010

To eQuest users,

Only EIR is required for the chiller efficiency input.
This can be converted easily to COP from which most of the manufacturers specify this on their cut sheets/catalogues to get the EIR.
Questions are:

1. What is this COP/EIR input in eQuest?
    Is this for Full Load or Partial Load?

2. Chiller COP list in ASHRAE 90.1 are for part loads, right?
    So where and how can we get the ASHRAE 90.1 full load efficiency?

3. If these ASHRAE 90.1 lists are for PART LOAD, how can we properly model the baseline efficiency for LEED Submission?
    Are there any other way of using the ASHRAE Table other than referring to flow per TR, Chilled Water & Condenser Water condition?
    Using NPLV/IPLV only, shall we interpolate from the ASHRAE 90.1 Table to get the Part Load COP since ASHRAE Table specifies Part Load COPs?
    We should model the chillers at the same condition right? and that will be ARI Condition.

4. Does anybody know how to convert the ASHRAE Chiller's ARI Condition listed in ASHRAE 90.1 to our weather condition here in Dubai?
    Or is there a formula in converting the ARI Condition to the local weather where the project will be built?

Any related help from their own experience will be helpful.
Thanks in advance

Reniel

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!