[Equest-users] OA-CFM/PER?

STEVE SAMENSKI steve at thespinnakergroupinc.com
Mon Oct 4 16:54:40 PDT 2010

Here¹s a question about Demand Controlled Ventilation in eQuest.  I¹m trying
to justify a model I built that uses critical zone DCV.  In the past I¹ve
simply trusted that eQuest calculates this properly but now I find myself
having to provide backup rationale to the USGBC.

In Volume 6 of the documentation it states: ³Each zone OA requirement is
calculated based upon the hourly maximum of either OA-CFM/PER (times the
NUMBER-OF-PEOPLE adjusted by the hourly PEOPLE-SCHEDULE) or a minimum OA
ventilation rate.²  However, ³OA-CFM/PER² is never defined in any other
dictionary, at least not in any manner that would tell you how to change or
input this variable (it is referenced elsewhere).  I think this is a typo.
I think the sentence should refer to ³OA-FLOW/PER², which is a perfectly
transparent and well-behaved user input (so far as I know).

Anyone run across this before?  Can anyone confirm that Volume 6 has a typo?

Steve Samenski, PE, LEED AP, BEMP
Vice President - Sustainable Technologies
The Spinnaker Group, Inc.
http://equest-diary.livejournal.com/