[Equest-users] Low Cooling Loads, Big Cooling Electric Consumption

steinvor at msu.edu steinvor at msu.edu
Wed Aug 24 22:08:44 PDT 2011

 Hello All:

In a recent project, my model doesn't have a designed HVAC system, so I'm modeling my proposed the same as the baseline. Baseline system is #8 (chilled water) with FPF's, climate zone 1. Even though I'm getting lower cooling loads for the proposed building, the electric load corresponding to cooling the building is higher than the baseline. Fans and pumps consumption is increasing this value. What can be causing this, how can this value be reduced?

Thanks!

Federico